Thursday, April 21, 2005

Just a thought about seminary to now...

Let me just throw this thought our there for ya'll to ponder. I am having this problem right now of going into a church setting and not questioning everything that I hear. Let me clarify, I am not questioning what I am hearing. The questioning is coming from the motives of what is going on. (i.e. selfishness, greed, harsh words about seminary) I know that I explained some of this to ya'll last Friday night but it got even harder with the afore mentioned problem in our Sunday school class. It is so frustrating to go to church and walk out without feeling in any other way than I did when I walked in. My "quiet time" has been helping lately but it has not filled me the way I wanted it to. Maybe I need more time and more consistency with it. Hopefully. Please respond with any comments, uplifting or critical, that you may have to help me.

Just a Seminarian trying to travel along...........

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt Addington said...

hey man i been there done that with not only but my home church but also my family. it sucked but i found comfort in just working through it and realizing that i am following God's plan and in the end thats all that matters.

the info dr. york gave you about doing nothin was very good, i tried to fight back and at one point it got pretty nasty; to the point of me and jennifer leaving my house in tears.

just keep your head up and things will get better

11:14 AM

 
Blogger Casey Cockrell said...

You will never know how beautiful your words were to me. I am indebted to ya'll for your knowledge you have blessed me with......

11:16 AM

 
Blogger Casey Cockrell said...

Holla back,

We certainly need to get the other guys in on this.

I guess I am just shocked at how much resistance I am getting from people. I am just trying to remember over and over again that God called me to this place. I don't have to defend why I am here. It will comfort me with those things. One main reason that I feel I was called here was to meet the group of guys that we have. That is comforting to see His plan working there.

May God continue to bless the words that are typed here among friends. For they are of true comfort.........

11:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home